Wednesday, January 27, 2010

And the Number Rises...

It's been too long since I posted. Sorry about that readers.

First, let me say that I have been quite busy what with school and hanging out with new found friends and seeing the sites. Everything is so amazing and magical here. I've found such inspiration.

Now to the update. Last Friday I had to go shopping. Yes, I had to. I had nothing to wear to go clubbing with my friends! I had things I might wear to church, but those are NOT the same thing. I got a nice top and a cute dress in the hours that we spent roaming Prince's Street which is the main street for shopping.

Saturday, I, along with eleven others, took a train up to Stirling. It's tiny. The entire town pretty much sits on a single hill. At the top of the hill is the castle. There's a valley of sorts and then another hill where the William Wallace Monument is located. Guess what I did. First, I walked up from the train station to the castle. Then I walked down with a group of six, across town, and up the hill to the monument. Before I finish, however, only two of that six made it up the hill.

All in all, I had a good time in Stirling. It was quite beautiful even given the dreary conditions. I was very proud of myself for making it up to the monument as well. We left around 2pm and came back to our flat.

That night we decided to go out for dinner to a pub called The Chanter. Very good pasta. I did nothing on Sunday. Absolutely nothing. I had class once more on Monday and Tuesday, but Tuesday, we went out clubbing. I got to wear my new dress! Let me clarify that I never get excited over shopping or over getting dressed up to go out, but this was a ton of fun.

And so the number of... ahem... kilts checked rises.

Kilts checked to date... 20

No comments:

Post a Comment