Monday, May 10, 2010

Eyjafjallajökull

Eyjafjallajökull. It is the source of many problems, especially for study abroad students at this time. Eyjafjallajökull. Can you pronounce that? Didn't think so. Neither can I. Thus, I cannot formally curse the freaking volcano which is causing so much trouble and misery. I cannot shout to the sky "Curse you Eyjafjallajökull!" because I cannot actually say "Eyjafjallajökull".
How long has this been going on, now? A month? Yeah. I got back from Easter Break just in time to not get caught by the first disturbances. Dana and I flew in the night before it erupted. I was up at the castle last week, though and people were talking about how Edinburgh Airport was closed. CLOSED! Well, now... I've been checking. Apparently I'll be OK. They're putting extra fuel in the planes so they can go around all the ash and stuff, but this makes the flights longer.
Eyjafjallajökull. You are troublesome, Eyjafjallajökull. $20 to the first person who can pronounce that correctly. Well, this was just a rant for me. Not really informative. You can copy and paste the name of the volcano into Google or Wikipedia and get more info. Remember... Eyjafjallajökull. Bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment